Breaking into an MSL role takes focus, upskilling and dedication. Here are 4 tips for those seeking their first MSL role:
1) Writing a compelling MSL CV.
We had a lot of questions recently from MSL candidates who are worried about leaving their job after only 1-2 years and asked FSTP if it is bad to “Job hop”.
Here's our view as FSTP to MSLs, MSL managers and recruiters:
1) To the MSLs.
Yes, it is ok to "job hop". Most candidates job hop, because of the...
1) Please take us through your CV and highlight the parts most relevant to this MSL role
2) How would you describe the MSL role and how does it differ to a sales role?
3) What are your skills and competencies that would make you a good MSL?
4) What attract you to this role and what attract you to this company?
Get a cup of tea, open Google and let’s find the right KOLs.
1) Look at the 4 or 5 major teaching hospitals/centers of excellence where you will be expected to work as an MSL and see who the top specialists (usually professors) are.
2) Look at who wrote the disease guidelines, the authors of these guidelines...
1 – Not fully understanding the MSL role.
The standard questions you will be asked are: “Could you describe the MSL role? How does it differ to a sales role? How do you bring value to the HCPs and to the company? Tell us about MSL compliance and ethics?”
2 - Lack of preparation. You...