from SCIENCE to PHARMA B.V. (KvK 91486920) (“FSTP”) (herein referred to as ‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’ or ‘FSTP’) provides users with:
(a) the https://www.fromsciencetopharma.com website (“Website”); and
(b) any of FSTP’s services made available on the Website.
(together, the “Services”)
In order to effectively optimise use of the Services, FSTP needs to collect personal information from each user, and process that personal information. FSTP may use common technologies such as cookies and web beacons to keep track of users’ interactions with the Website to improve the quality of its Services. FSTP may also collect your Internet Protocol (IP) address to track and aggregate non-personally identifiable information, your referring website addresses, browser type, domain name, and access times.
Types of Personal Information we Collect
The kinds of personal information we may collect from you will depend on what type of interaction you have with us. Personal information we may collect from you includes, among other things:
- identity particulars - such as your name, address, date of birth, occupation, telephone numbers and e-mail address;
- personal information we collect from you when assessing, processing and managing an application by you for commercial credit;
- personal information you provide to us when you participate in a promotion, competition, promotional activity, survey, market research, subscribe to our mailing list;
- your bank, credit or debit account details when you make a purchase;
- your records of communication with us;
- if you visit our website, your website usage information such as your IP address.
The Purpose for Collecting your Personal Information
We will generally only collect and use your personal information for the primary purposes of:
- our general business operations;
- effectively providing you with our goods and services;
- where applicable, assessing and processing an application for commercial credit, and for administrative purposes in relation to the ongoing management of your commercial credit arrangement;
- communicating with you;
- responding to your inquires or complaints;
- meeting our legal and regulatory obligations;
- conducting, improving and developing a relationship with you;
- direct marketing (such as providing you with information about our products and promotional notices and offers); and
- improving our websites.
Your personal information is only collected by lawful and fair means and where practicable, only from you or from a person acting or authorised to act on your behalf. Where you have applied for commercial credit account with us, we may also make enquiries in respect of commercial credit with third parties with your consent. This could include persons nominated by you as trade references, credit reporting bodies (“CRBs”) and your bankers.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are aware of:
- the likely use of the information;
- the right of access to the information;
- the identity and contact details of our employee/representative collecting your personal information;
- any law requiring collection of the information; and
- the main consequences of failure to provide your personal information.
How Your Information is Used
(a) Information you provide – When you register for the Website, you may be required to provide personal information. FSTP may utilise the information you submit under your account in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of FSTP’s Services and/or if required to disclose this information to satisfy any applicable law, legal requirement, police investigation or request from a Government authority. At its sole discretion, FSTP may share your personal information with third parties who provide services which are complementary to the Services provided by FSTP.
(c) Log information – When you access the Services, FSTP’s servers automatically record certain information. These server logs may include information such as your web request, your interaction with a service, IP address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your account.
(d) Communications – When you send email or other communications to FSTP, FSTP may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve FSTP’s Services. FSTP may use your email address to communicate with you about FSTP’s services. FSTP may send email or other communications to any person whose email address or contact details have been provided to FSTP by a former or current user of the Website. If you do not wish to receive these emails or other communications, you must contact FTSP at [email protected] .
In addition to the above, FSTP may use the information FSTP collects to:
(a) Provide, maintain, protect, and improve FSTP’s Services (including advertising Services) and develop new Services; and
(b) Protect the rights or property of FSTP or its users.
We may disclose personal information we collect from you:
- to our related companies, suppliers, consultants, contractors or agents for the primary proposes for which it was collected or for other purposes directly related to the purpose for which the personal information is collected. For example, your name and telephone number may be disclosed to our supplier to enable that supplier to respond to your request for information about a particular product;
- for direct marketing by FSTP, but giving you the opportunity to opt out of such direct marketing; We will include our contact details in any direct marketing.
- to relevant Federal, State, Territory medical, health and safety authorities (as required);
- where the law requires or authorises us to do so;
- to others that you have been informed of at the time any personal information is collected from you;
- with your consent (express or implied), to others.
Where the Privacy Act permits us to do so, we may also disclose your credit related information (in respect of commercial credit) to CRBs , if you apply for commercial credit or request to increase in your commercial credit limit with .
Where FSTP collects information that we are likely to disclose to a CRB, please note:
- the CRBs may include that information in reports provided to assist it to assess your creditworthiness;
- if you fail to meet payment obligations in relation to commercial credit or commit a serious credit infringement, FSTP may be entitled to disclose this to the CRB;
We do not disclose your personal information for any secondary purposes unless your consent has been given or as required by law, and we will not sell or license any personal information that we collect from you.
If FSTP uses this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then FSTP will ask for your consent prior to such use.
FSTP processes personal information on its servers in The Netherlands, and you consent to your personal information being processed and in that location. The Website is not hosted in Australia. For that reason, we transfer all data on the website (including all personal information) to our hosting service provider in the United States of America. You hereby consent to this transfer.
FSTP takes appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorised access to or unauthorised alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of FSTP’s data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, including appropriate encryption and physical security measures to guard against unauthorised access to systems where FSTP stores personal data.
If a substantial data breach has or may have occurred (for example, your personal information was shared with unauthorised persons) we will notify you as soon as is practicable.
We only keep your personal information for as long as it is required for the purpose for which it was collected or as otherwise required by law. We will take appropriate measures to destroy or permanently de-identity your personal information if we no longer need to retain it. These measures may vary depending on the type of information concerned, the way it was collected and how it was stored.
Accessing and updating personal information
When you use the Services, FSTP makes good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes.
FSTP asks individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and FSTP may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate costs and/or technical effort, jeopardise the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. Because of the way FSTP maintains certain Services in connection with the Website, after you delete your information, residual copies may take a period of time before they are deleted from FSTP’s active servers and may remain in FSTP’s backup systems.
When FSTP receives formal written complaints, it is FSTP’s policy to contact the complaining user regarding his or her concerns.
Marketing and Opting-Out
We may use your personal information for:
- promoting and marketing of our current and future products and services;
- informing you of upcoming events and special promotions and offers; and
- analysing our products and services so as to improve and develop new products and services.
We may exchange your personal information between our related entities and so they can also assist in the marketing of our products and services to you.
We will only offer you products or services, where we reasonably believe that they could be of interest or benefit to you.
At the point we collect information from you, you may be asked to “opt in” to consent to us using or disclosing your personal information. You will generally be given the opportunity to “opt out” from receiving marketing communications from us. You may “opt out” from receiving these communications by clicking on an unsubscribe link at the end of an email or by contacting us with this request.
Specific Rights of European Residents
FSTP is committed to ensuring its compliance with the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’).
Personal Data is defined as: “Any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier”.
Under the GDPR, FSTP is primarily a “controller” of Personal Data, as opposed to being a “processor”. As part of its GDPR compliance, FSTP provides its services in a way that ensures:
- Personal Data (i.e. Personal Information) is:
- processed fairly, lawfully and in a transparent manner; and
- collected and processed only for specified and lawful purposes.
- Processed Personal Data (i.e. Personal Information that is used, held or disclosed by FSTP) is:
- adequate, relevant and not excessive;
- accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date;
- kept secure, and not longer than necessary;
- not transferred to countries outside the European Union without adequate protection; and
- treated in accordance with individuals’ legal rights.
Whilst FSTP strives to provide all individuals with appropriate access and control over their data, individuals covered by the GDPR are also able to:
prescriptively restrict, limit or otherwise provide instructions to FSTP regarding how we can use their Personal Data. This includes being able to object to how and why their Personal Data is used (e.g. by the removal of their consent for particular functions);
request the erasure (i.e. deletion) of their information; and
request FSTP provides all Personal Data held about them in a portable format, meaning in a way that is structured, commonly used and machine-readable. Individuals who exercise this right to data portability are also able to direct FSTP to transmit this data to other entities who they intend to allow to process their Personal Data.