Working with recruiters is all about building relationships, so making a first good impression is critical. Each recruiters have different relationships with different companies. Therefore, the more recruiters you connect with the more MSL roles you will be able to apply to.
Here are 6 tips on how to work best with recruiters:
1) Make a good impression from the get-go – First impression is critical! Be on time and be courteous.
2) Build relationships and rapport with the recruiters – Remember they will represent you.
3) Provide them with an up-to-date “MSL-ready” CV/resume so they can match you with the right jobs and companies.
4) Have an updated LinkedIn profile that is consistent with your CV/resume and shows your MSL readiness.
5) Leverage the recruiter's expertise – Get as much info as possible on the interview , the interviewers and the company.
6) Keep in regular contact with your recruiters. It’s a long-term relationship.
Working with recruiters is a powerful way to land your first MSL job. Like the MSL role, it’s all about relationships and rapport building. So start now!